FEBRUARY FAVOURITES

March 05, 2016


February has come and gone quicker than ever and so we have decided to share with you what we have been loving this month, in our first monthly favourites post (wahoo!). We have both chosen a small selection of things from beauty to books. So let's get started…



Imogen:
My first little group of favourites are all beauty related. One of the things here is something I’ve talked about before which is my Kiko Double Dare Eyeshadow and Eyeliner stick in 02 Copper and Chocolate. I love using this on the days when I don’t really have time but want a bit of shimmer on my eyelids. I just scribble the eyeshadow on my eyelids and then blend it in with my finger and I’m done! When I’ve got a bit more time I love to use this to go for an intense copper eye, which this stick is amazing for! So far I’ve not had much use out of the eyeliner but its such a lovely deep brown I’m sure I will use it soon! 
As much as I love putting makeup on, I also love it when it gets to that time of day when I can take it all off! Recently I’ve really loved this Bi-Facil Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover from Lancôme.  It removes every single bit of eye makeup so quickly and easily. It doesn’t need much work at all and feels very gentle on the eyes! It’s described as non-oily but I think it definitely has some sort of oily 
feel to it that I actually don’t mind because it just leaves the area feeling soft and moisturised.
Black Opium from Yves Saint Laurent has actually been my favourite perfume for exactly a year now and I've gone through quite a lot of it. I hadn’t even smelt it the first time I bought it, I was just hoping I would like it and had no idea I would love it as much as I do! Its definitely one of my all time favourite perfumes! The bottle is an amazing black glitter and the fragrance itself is sweet but spicy (if that makes any sense). According to YSL the actual fragrance is coffee beans, vanilla and white flowers but I can’t say that I can smell the coffee myself!


This necklace was actually a Christmas present, it’s a 1ct Yellow Princess Border Necklace from CARAT. It’s a beautiful, delicate and sparkly necklace and I just love wearing it!


My last favourite is I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. I’m not usually a thriller book kind of person, (I usually go for romantic Nicholas Sparks sort of books) but after reading some amazing reviews I wanted to give this a try. I’m yet to finish it but so far it’s a beautifully detailed and complex. I’m finding that I have to think a bit more than usual when I’m reading this book, but I’m really enjoying the fast pace and can’t wait to see what happens next in this intense plot!


Antonia:
My favourites this month are all beauty related, I've actually been using most of them for quite a while longer than a month but since this is our first favourites post I thought I'd put them in! 
This first group are all eye products, starting with the Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara. This is actually my second time purchasing this product and I adore it! There are lots of different mascaras in the Hypnôse range but this is the original one, I have also tried the Hypnôse Volume-à-porter Mascara but I 100% prefer this one. I find that it's really easy to apply, the brush is the perfect size and it makes my lashes look super long! It has Lancômes special soft sculpt formula which means that it doesn't dry really hard like most mascaras. This means that you can apply more coats without it clumping as much and you can top it up later in the day. 
I think I'm also on my second, or maybe even third, purchase of Soap and Glory's Supercat Eyeliner Pen. It is by far my favourite eyeliner I have ever tried! It's really dark black, which is brilliant as you don't have to go over it to get it dark enough and it has a really nice, almost like a felt tip, applicator. It's quite long and has a nice pointed end which makes it really easy to get a point on your winged eyeliner! I am certainly no expert at winged eyeliner, it's one of lifes great mysteries getting perfectly even eyeliner but this pen makes it a tiny bit more manageable!
I have been using Charlotte Tilburys The Dolce Vita palette almost daily ever since Imogen  got it me for Christmas. The colours are beautiful and so pigmented and they are the perfect warm toned colours for an everyday look. The reddy/coppery shade is my favourite, I love using it through my crease and on the outer edge of my eyes. I'm going to be posting about my current favourite eyeshadow palettes next week where I will have some swatches of this palette and some others, so pop back if you'd like to see what they look like on the skin! 


This is my favourite lipstick at the moment; it is Craving by MAC. It's a kind of pinky/plummy shade and I find its almost a 'my lips but better' kind of colour. I find it so easy to wear, whether its day or night I just throw it on and its not too bright or dark. The formula is really nice and moisturising but I wouldn't say it has particularly good staying power but I'm always licking my lips so I can only blame myself. This is another second purchase for me, although this one is because I lost it rather than finished it! I was really sad when I couldn't find it and had to buy another. Then of course, as soon as I did, I found the one I had lost. Typical. 


Heres a photo to try and show the colour of the lipstck on me. The photo is probably not exactly true to colour, but you get the gist. I'm also wearing the Supercat Eyeliner and the Hypnôse Mascara in this photo.

My final favourite item for this month is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I use this everyday to take off my make-up. It feels like it takes your make-up off really effortlessly and gently without a lot of scrubbing. Sometimes I feel like it takes ages to get all my mascara and eyeliner off and this product just makes it so much easier. It also lasts a really long time as you only need a small amount on a cotton pad to take off all your make-up!

We hope you enjoyed this post. We had fun sharing our favourite things for this month with you! Hopefully this will continue every month so we will see you very soon with our March favourites! 
Leave a comment with your February favourites! and don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin'!
Love, Antonia and Imogen

You Might Also Like

Comments

Popular Posts

sharkettsisters Instagram Feed